Mindsets for Effective Teaching and Learning in Today's Classroom

This week in my Educational Media class, I was challenged with writing down my thoughts of our current education system and how students think. For us future students, we need to be aware that how we think and portray ourselves will affect how our students perform in our classroom. The three different mindsets are Fixed, Growth, and an Innovator's mindsets. Depending on which mindset a person is currently in, there is always room for growth and advancement. When it comes to technology, we need to keep an open mind so students feel free to explore the digital world. With our help and encouragement, students can become more technologically advanced in their academic and social life. To read my full thoughts, go ahead and read my essay about mindsets in the classroom.

For more information on digital natives and digital immigrants, click here.
To read more about the mindsets, click here.


Feel free to leave any additional thoughts and comments below, as I would love to hear what other people think about this topic. Thanks for reading!







Comments

  1. Hello Hannah! I really enjoy your blog. I definitely agree with your quote, "with our help and encouragement, students can become more technologically advanced in their academic and social life." That statement is so true and important. It is going to be crucial for students to be advanced with technology because they are going to be using it their whole lives. Can't wait to read more of your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your feedback. I also really related to that statement because these days, it's important for children to understand the difference and importance of media in and out of the classroom. There is so much that we can do to advance our technological knowledge, we just need to keep an open mind to what is changing around us. Thanks again! Hope to hear from you again soon!

      Hannah Kelly

      Delete
  2. Hannah,

    It was awesome to read your blog post! You and I have a lot of the same views! I, along with you, feel that I can be considered both a digital immigrant and a digital native! We were both born in between the two periods! I love when you said, "I have believed that I am smart, but I am always aware that I can continue to increase my knowledge by doing well in school and studying hard. " I too feel that I know a lot, but am always looking to add knowledge whenever available! It is going to be important for us to adapt to our students and work towards their future! Thank you very much for this great read! I look forward to hearing from you more!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie,
      Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post! It's super nice to know that I'm not the only one that feels caught in between two labels. People our age are kind of stuck in that awkward spot of millennials and generation Z. We can be placed into either with characteristics from both. This can be a benefit to us in the classroom because we can understand what it is like to understand two different sides to technology and education. Again, thank you so much for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated!

      Hannah Kelly

      Delete

Post a Comment